About Cevallos Realty
Cevallos Realty Property Management has been managing residential and commercial properties for over 25 years in Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Central America and South America. We specialize in single residential homes and commercial Retail Real Estate.
In this period of time we have developed a comprehensive understanding of the uniqueness of the rental market in the areas we serve.
We also manage commercial income producing property, apartments, warehouses, motels, land development, shopping centers, restaurants, medical, and much more. We assist international buyers in acquiring property all over the United States, South America and Central America.
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease commercial property in the El Paso area give one of us a call. We are committed to giving you unmatched service.
We take care of your investment property like we take care of our own personal investment homes. Our approach is very hands on and direct. We take very serious the fact that you have entrusted us with your most valued Real Estate investments.
Our main focus is on the following four areas. We do our best to obtain the maximum rent the market will allow. Tenants are carefully screened to try and obtain the most responsible applicants that will take good care of your property and pay the rent on time. Controlling maintenance cost is also critical. We keep costs at a minimum while at the same time making sure that we receive quality work. This is done through the many years of working relationship that we have developed with our suppliers and contractors.
Cevallos Realty Property Management Services
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate.
- Prepare home for rent
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc..
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Inform tenants who were turned down
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment, terms, and required property maintenance
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move in
- Receiving Rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary for legal advise
- Understand an abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties,etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Provide an easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown if income and itemized expenses
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the price
- Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the tenant moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated charges
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner's share to the owner or hold in owner's reserve for repairs
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-Key the locks
- Put property back on market for rent
We charge two fees and two fees only.
1. To rent your property we charge ½ of the 1st month’s rent. You pay nothing in advance. We take our fee from the move-in monies. You do not pay for advertising or other charges related to renting your property.
2. For continued management we charge a percentage of the rent collected. That percentage will vary with the type of property and the rent amount. It will range from 5% to 10%. For most single family properties the percentage is usually 10%. The percentage is lowered by the number of properties we manage for you.
How do our fees compare to other Management Companies?
Most companies charge a fee to rent the property. In some instances it is a flat fee. It is usually 1/2 of the 1st month’s rent. The same as our fee. If it is lower it is most likely that they have other fees or charge a higher monthly percentage. Be sure to find out all of the possible charges.
All management companies charge a percentage of the rent ranging up to 15%. Our fee levels are very competitive and we are willing to work with you.
Fees many other companies charge that we do not:
* Set-up fee
* Renewal fee
* Move-out fee
* Maintenance oversight fee
* Court appearance
Management Company vs Traditional Real Estate office
A traditional Real Estate Agent generally works with buyers and sellers. These agents can also list property for rent. They usually charge 6% of the firsts year’s lease. They will list your property in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). They and other agents can show your property. If another agent secures the tenant, the two agents will split the commission. These agents generally are not interested in the continuing management of the property on a monthly basis. After a tenant is secured, they will turn the property over to you and you will be the one dealing with the tenant.
Your other option is a Property Management company. We will rent your property and continue to manage it on a monthly basis. We will be your consultant dealing directly with the tenant so you do not have to. Management companies generally have more experience in the tenant screening process.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
12380 Edgemere Suite 102
El Paso, TX 79938-2626
***We are not real estate brokers or real estate agents, we are a group of investors and managers of assets and consultants. A real estate broker or real estate agent is a person who acts as an intermediary between sellers and buyers of real estate/real property and attempts to find sellers who wish to sell and buyers who wish to buy. Please be advised by your attorney or real estate agent before making any decision.